cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

upgrading to windows server 2008 longhorn (beta 3)

matimba
Level 1
Level 1

We are planning to upgrade our Microsoft Active Directory Schema from version 2003 to version 2008 (Longhorn Beta 3). There were some talks around potential problems with the Cisco Unity/Call Manager. However, I could get no information as to the details of this problem.

provide us with insight into any potential areas of caution regarding Cisco operating in a Server 2008 Beta 3 environment? Is there a problem with Cisco Unity products running on top of a Server 2008 OS or is it related to Cisco products running in a Server 2008 Beta 3 Active Directory environment?

we are in final stages of planning deployment phase of Server 2008 Beta 3 Active Directory Schema upgrades.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

I would recommend implementing a test lab for these type of changes, if not for Unity/CallManager, but especially for AD. We implement all AD schema updates into a representative lab environment that mirrors our AD forest before putting into production. We also have Unity and Exchange servers in this lab for testing any potential impact to these services. I don't have any specifics yet for you, but I would caution putting a beta OS into your production environment without testing with your mission critical applications beforehand.

Ginger

Hi

I will try to implement the upgrade on the Lab, and also like to know if i upgrade, will cisco like the Beta version and are there patches available, coz i cant load patches from Microsoft i have to get patches from Cisco (we upgrading Unified messaging Unity, SQL and Exchange) running on Windows Server 2003