Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Software upgrade

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

All,

I have two ASA 5510 with 7.06 sowftware (Security Plus licence), this is the original image the device came with it. When I upgrade to 7.22 the sh ver output says Failover suppport Acitve/Active,while the original image supports Active/Standby and I need Standby option. How can activate Standby option?

Bye

FCS

4 Replies 4

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to worry about failover support showing "Active/Active", this will still support "Active/Stnadby". Now you just need to make sure that the supposed to be secondary ASA atleast has failover support of "Active/Standby", to configure these ASA's in Active/Standby failover scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.

I use the same 7.2(2) sowftware on 5520 device and it supports A/S, I know that on 5510 there is licencing issue, but why 5510 support A/S with the original image and not with a newer...

That's so strange for me... How can I reach to support 5510 A/S with 7.2(2)

bye

FCS

Hello,

As stated earlier, ASA-5510 does support A/S on 7.2.2. Even if the show version is showing A/A, it means that it can act both as A/A and A/S also.

You can say that A/A is a higher license. A firewall with A/S license cannot work in A/A mode, however a firewall with A/A license can work in both modes, A/A + A/S.

I hope this clears things.

Regards,

Vibhor.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card