Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 Software upgrade

farkascsgy
Level 4
Level 4

All,

I have two ASA 5510 with 7.06 sowftware (Security Plus licence), this is the original image the device came with it. When I upgrade to 7.22 the sh ver output says Failover suppport Acitve/Active,while the original image supports Active/Standby and I need Standby option. How can activate Standby option?

Bye

FCS

4 Replies 4

vitripat
Level 7
Level 7

You dont need to worry about failover support showing "Active/Active", this will still support "Active/Stnadby". Now you just need to make sure that the supposed to be secondary ASA atleast has failover support of "Active/Standby", to configure these ASA's in Active/Standby failover scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vibhor.

I use the same 7.2(2) sowftware on 5520 device and it supports A/S, I know that on 5510 there is licencing issue, but why 5510 support A/S with the original image and not with a newer...

That's so strange for me... How can I reach to support 5510 A/S with 7.2(2)

bye

FCS

Hello,

As stated earlier, ASA-5510 does support A/S on 7.2.2. Even if the show version is showing A/A, it means that it can act both as A/A and A/S also.

You can say that A/A is a higher license. A firewall with A/S license cannot work in A/A mode, however a firewall with A/A license can work in both modes, A/A + A/S.

I hope this clears things.

Regards,

Vibhor.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card