Helpful
Replies

Bus error on 3600 router

mayambanzumba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I get the followin error on my cisco 3600 router:

System returned to ROM by bus error at PC 0x60D90818, address 0xFFFFFBFF at c^PL^T

The IOS version on the device is:

c3660-js-mz.122-13.T8.bin

The memory address referenced in the show version (0xFFFFFBFF) was not found in the show region. This indicates a software related crash. I am investigating to see if there any bugs associated with the IOS version being used, but so far, I have not found any. How do you normally resolve bus error caused by software?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally by upgrading software. I would try 12.3(22)in you case, if the router has the memory to support it. You will also need a support contract in order to access the donwload area.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normally by upgrading software. I would try 12.3(22)in you case, if the router has the memory to support it. You will also need a support contract in order to access the donwload area.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

smothuku
Level 7
Level 7

Hi ,

Go for IOS upgradation and check the size of the flash and DRAm before upgradation.....

Cheers :)

satish

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: