cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

call conferencing

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

I have a problem with making a conference call. I already have a cisco conference bridge software configured and i expect that call conferencing should work. But when I initiate an ah hoc conferncing, it displays "No Conference Bridge". What could the problem be?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

On the Phone Configuration page, check if the phone is assigned to the correct Device pool (go to that Device pool and see if the Media Ressource List is the right one).

here are the steps that should be taken to config a MGL:

Step 1

Create a media resource group.

Step 2

Assign device to the media resource group. (Order has no significance.)

Step 3

Create a media resource group list. (Order has significance.)

Step 4

Assign a media resource group to a media resource group list.

Step 5

Assign a media resource group list to a device or device pool.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Zin.Karzazi
Level 5
Level 5

Ensure first that the Conference Bridge is registred with the Callmanager. Then you should check if the Device Pool associated with your Phone have the Media Ressource Group in it, which include the COnf Bridge.

HTH

Karzazi

Hi karzazi,

The conference bridge is registered with the Callmanager. How do I go about checking if the Device pool associated with your Phone have the Media Ressource Group in it? Thanks as I await your reply.

On the Phone Configuration page, check if the phone is assigned to the correct Device pool (go to that Device pool and see if the Media Ressource List is the right one).

here are the steps that should be taken to config a MGL:

Step 1

Create a media resource group.

Step 2

Assign device to the media resource group. (Order has no significance.)

Step 3

Create a media resource group list. (Order has significance.)

Step 4

Assign a media resource group to a media resource group list.

Step 5

Assign a media resource group list to a device or device pool.

Also check if the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming Service is started.

Hi Kaezazi,

I have just solved the problems with the information you provided. I really appreciate yr contribution. Thanks a lot.

I also have this issue of two 7961 IP phones having a different time from other 7940 (ten) IP phones. All twelve phones are in the same device pool and are suppose to have the same time irrespective of the phone model,but it's not so. When the 7940s have 1.30pm on them, the two 7961s will have 12.30pm(1 hr behind real time). what could be the cause.

Did you tried resetting the Phones manually? Which firmware version?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: