Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPT Testbed

I have been tasked with getting a wish list together to creat a VOIP testbed. This would include mid to low range products but I need help in what products are best i.e. router, switch, mcs and also what VIC cards are best. I want to replicate office to office conectivity and also connect pstn. So far I am looking at MCS-7825, Router 2801 and Switch 3560. Would appreciate all comments on this.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

seems adequate, You may consider the newer machine MCS-7816 (rack mount) that can be cheaper.

I would get the switch to have PoE to eliminate the hassle of external power supply.

For connecting to the PSTN get ISDN BRI from telco if possible at all, card is VIC2-2BRI-ST/TE. Else for analog POTS, the card is VIC2-xFXO (x = 2 or 4).

The 7911 and 7941 phones are the most used, but if you can grab some older 7912 and 7940, there isn't much difference in features but the price can be much lower.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

metalium2007
Level 3
Level 3

If budget is an issue, why dont you make the mid to lowrange 'testbed' with CME?

Can you elaborate on this.

Cisco Call Manager Express on the gateway router (IOS Based). You dont have to buy a MCS server.

Right?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: