Views
Helpful
Replies

DR LAN and route map

nigelb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Can someone please point me in the right direction for the following scenario.

We have a primary link into a BT MPLS cloud. At a branch site we have a router with the branch network on one I/F and a DR LAN on a second I/F(this is a mirror of the primary site address).

BGP ensures that traffic is routed to the primary site under normal circumstances.

The problem is that when we connect the DR LAN at the branch site, the branch network prefers this route to the one back at the primary site over the MPLS cloud.

BT have mentioned that they use 'route map barring' in their managed WAN solution, but can't help us beyond that.

Any ideas?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

kerek
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If you can post the config of both the branch and primary site config would be fine, because it is not totally clear how it looks like. At the first glance the problem might be as you connect the DR LAN to the branch router it will see that subnet as directly connected therefore it will prefer it over the bgp because of lower administrative distance.

Krisztian

Hi,

BT need to configured sepreat DR vrf for DR site,so in case Primary VRF fails , RD vrf will become the primary vrf.

Regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card