cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

bonding together 3 MPLS T1s

fiene3606
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who wants to install a remote office, using a 2800 series router. They want to install 3 MPLS T1s back to the main site, but want to make sure we "bond" them together into a single pipe instead of individual T1s. Is that possible?

Also, the customer is not running VoIP over the connection, at least not yet. Since it is possible in the future, I'd thought about installing the VWIC2-MFT cards now to use them. If I install 2 dual port cards, can I bond three of the T1s together?

2 Replies 2

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Find out what encapsulation protocol are they planning to use, if you go with PPP, you can use MLPPP. If you decide to go with Frame-Relay, you can use MFR or MLPPPoFR.

bgibson
Level 1
Level 1

Sure.

As was already mentioned you bond them with either MLPPP or MFR.

You would not use VWICs. Those cards are designed primarily to be use as voice gateway cards connecting to either CAS T1s or PRIs.

VoIP calls would be just more data packets and don't require any special WAN interfaces, although QoS policies need to be created.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card