Views
Helpful
Replies

CE500 problem

aadilovic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone

I have problem with my catalyst express 500 switch. it work one day ok, but the second day it very very slow down link. i do restart ce500 and it again work well one day but second slow down link and so on....

on gigabit port i have connect server with gigabit NIC, and on 100 mbps port connect hosts and router....

anyone know where problem can be?

5 Replies 5

aadilovic
Level 1
Level 1

anyone please???

hey,

having the same issue with the same configuarion. actually going to check it out today. i have another switch deployed and that works fine. the difference is the smartport roles. the one that is working has roles defined and the one that is not doesnt. going to apply the smartpot roles and see if that changes anything

ok.

I have smartport rols. On router port role is Router, on pc ports role si desktop, and on server port role was server but i change it to other, becouse it was make a big problem to me.

Now i work fine from time to time, but after some time it froze.

hello.

Does anyone have idea how to solve this problem?

pls

Hello.

I got this 2 notifications from switch.

5-Notification

Port Fa3: This port is blocked by Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).

Jul 10, 2007 13:50:50

5-Notification

Port Fa17: This port is blocked by Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).

Jul 10, 2007 13:58:54

I am little confused becouse i have only one switch and it notify me about switching loop.

does anyone know how to solve this problem???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card