Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls to a determinated port based on the extension number

networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to route the calls made by the extension 18 to a determinated port. For example if the extension 18 dial 0977xxxxx the call have to go to the port 3/1 and the if the extesions 1x dial 0977xxxx have to go to the port 3/0

Based on the cisco document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con20

I made this config:

voice translation-rule 6

rule 1 /^0/ /77/

voice translation-profile prova2

translate called 6

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description Trucades Exterior

translation-profile outgoing 5

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

!

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description Trucades Exterior

destination-pattern 77T

direct-inward-dial

port 3/1

dial-peer voice 567 voip

translation-profile incoming prova2

answer-address 18

when the extension 18 dial 0977xxx, the call goes out to the port 3/0.

As you can see on this document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

answer-address have more priority than destination-pattern.

I tried to apply the translation-profile direct to the ephone-dn without success.

Gerard

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerard,

In fact you may have problems with translation-profile applied to ephone-dn, sometime these don't work.

And, DP voip with answer-address will never work, because the actual incoming DP is one automatically created by ephone-dn.

So, to associate an FXO port to an extension, use the command "trunk" in ephone-dn mode.

It is in the CCME command reference.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

The DP pots are over basic digital lines, seems that the "trunk" command on the ephone-dn its only for FXO ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611369.html#wp1094625

Is it correct?

regards

I'm afraid it is, you could try anyway.

On the other hand, which IOS are you using? The translation-profile method should work as well modulo any bug.

The IOS version is 12.4(11)T. I will try the trunk command tomorrow and let you know.

Regards

Once you are there, please try also 12.4(11)XJ3 for translation-profile under ephone-dn. This release fixes many many bugs in telephony.

Not too sure if this might help but i configured something like this for private lines on a T1. basically i did the same as above but in the route pattern i inserted the prefix as well.

therefore, when extension X dials a number it hits the route pattern with say 28 as the prefix and then matches the relevant DP with 28T (in my case) and then goes through that port. i also restricted it for that extension alone to use that port by using CSS and Partition to associate only with that extension

Hi A.

This is about CME, not CCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: