Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls to a determinated port based on the extension number

networking
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm trying to route the calls made by the extension 18 to a determinated port. For example if the extension 18 dial 0977xxxxx the call have to go to the port 3/1 and the if the extesions 1x dial 0977xxxx have to go to the port 3/0

Based on the cisco document

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_configuration_example09186a00803f818a.shtml#con20

I made this config:

voice translation-rule 6

rule 1 /^0/ /77/

voice translation-profile prova2

translate called 6

dial-peer voice 5 pots

description Trucades Exterior

translation-profile outgoing 5

destination-pattern 0T

direct-inward-dial

port 3/0

!

dial-peer voice 6 pots

description Trucades Exterior

destination-pattern 77T

direct-inward-dial

port 3/1

dial-peer voice 567 voip

translation-profile incoming prova2

answer-address 18

when the extension 18 dial 0977xxx, the call goes out to the port 3/0.

As you can see on this document:

http://cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml

answer-address have more priority than destination-pattern.

I tried to apply the translation-profile direct to the ephone-dn without success.

Gerard

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Gerard,

In fact you may have problems with translation-profile applied to ephone-dn, sometime these don't work.

And, DP voip with answer-address will never work, because the actual incoming DP is one automatically created by ephone-dn.

So, to associate an FXO port to an extension, use the command "trunk" in ephone-dn mode.

It is in the CCME command reference.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Hi,

The DP pots are over basic digital lines, seems that the "trunk" command on the ephone-dn its only for FXO ports.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_command_reference_chapter09186a0080611369.html#wp1094625

Is it correct?

regards

I'm afraid it is, you could try anyway.

On the other hand, which IOS are you using? The translation-profile method should work as well modulo any bug.

The IOS version is 12.4(11)T. I will try the trunk command tomorrow and let you know.

Regards

Once you are there, please try also 12.4(11)XJ3 for translation-profile under ephone-dn. This release fixes many many bugs in telephony.

Not too sure if this might help but i configured something like this for private lines on a T1. basically i did the same as above but in the route pattern i inserted the prefix as well.

therefore, when extension X dials a number it hits the route pattern with say 28 as the prefix and then matches the relevant DP with 28T (in my case) and then goes through that port. i also restricted it for that extension alone to use that port by using CSS and Partition to associate only with that extension

Hi A.

This is about CME, not CCM.