cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

M2T-T3+ pa line coding

dgalati000
Level 1
Level 1

Cannot find nor verify the line coding for a T3 terminated in a M2T-T3+ port adapter. Can't find this spec in either serial int or in controller. Need to verify its set to B3ZS for a carrier.

CCO specs say the PA is set to B3ZS, but can I confirm on my routers port adapter and what is the command?

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

per telecom standards, there is no other linecode than B8ZS (not B3ZS) for T3 circuits.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Did you try the command 'show controller t3 (port#)'?

The output would look something like this.

Router#sh controller t3 2/0

T3 2/0 is up.

Applique type is Subrate T3

No alarms detected.

MDL transmission is disabled

FEAC code received: No code is being received

Framing is C-BIT Parity, Line Code is B3ZS

HTH

Sundar

Then I stand corrected on the proper spelling, having got it mixed with the T1 linecode.

Sundar, was off for a few days...I cannot get that output on my router...perhaps sending you the following info will give you more info >>

Part number 73-3761-03

FRU Part Number PA-2T3+=

Router type: 7206 VXR NPE-G2

running vers: Version 12.4(11)T1

The command 'show controller t3 slot/port' should be a valid command on 7200. Does it give you an error when this command is issued. If it does can you do a 'show controller ?' and post the output.

HTH

Sundar

Sundar, can't sesem to get an output with anything tangible...attaching a txt with some output. thx for responding, let me know if you can't view the txt file.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card