cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemails not being delivered

darriellew
Level 1
Level 1

i got this error this morning not sure why but it caused users to stop being able to access their voicemails can someone tell me why this happened and how to prevent this again? Thanks

Event Type: Error

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Wav

Event Category: Error

Event ID: 822

Date: 7/3/2007

Time: 8:29:48 AM

User: N/A

Computer: UNITY

Description:

Cisco Unity's multi-media component has enountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

A serious failure has occurred on port 1 while querying a wav device for supported playback formats. Depending upon the severity of the failure, parties on this call could experience unexpected behavior or be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x00001308 had a Failure on Port 1 in AvWav

DESCRIPTION:

File: e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Miu\UnityAvWav\WAVOUT.C(1232)

Method: WavOutSupportsFormat

Failure: call to waveOutOpen/FormatQuery failed with error(6).

Also got this

Event Source: CiscoUnity_Wav

Event ID: 801

Date:

Time:

User:

Computer:

Description:

Cisco Unity's multi-media component has enountered a serious error.

EXPLANATION:

A serious failure has occurred on port 1 during wav media processing. Depending upon the severity of the failure, parties on this call could experience unexpected behavior or be disconnected. In some cases, further calls on this port will not be handled correctly.

TECHNICAL DETAILS:

Thread 0x00001308 had a Failure on Port 1 in AvWav

DESCRIPTION:

File: e:\Views\cs_CU4.0.4.221\un_Miu\UnityAvWav\WAVOUT.C(1496)

Method: WavOutFormatSuggest

Failure: call to WavOutSupportsFormat failed.

AND

Event Source: CiscoUnity_PHGreeting

Event ID: 437

Date:

Time:

User:

Computer:

Description:

An unexpected error occured while trying to play greeting for a subscriber. One possible reason could be that the call was disconnected while waiting for the phrase. This can happen when the Unity system CPU is pegged. Technical details - (PersonalGreeting) greeting for call handler id[3052] with alias[ch_kking]. returned [0x80004005] on line 1173 of file E:\Views\CU4.2.0.110\un_Conv1\Scripted\ConvSub\PHGreeting.cpp.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi -

822 error, we know that one well. Check to see if anyone logged into the Unity server in terminal service, CONSOLE ONLY mode. Remote desktop to the Unity server is OK as long as not in console only mode. You can check your Unity security event log to see if someone logged into the server. I've only observed this error occur when that was happening.

Ginger

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

ranpierce
Level 6
Level 6

If you call the extension of port one directly what happens?

If it is busy, reset the port in call manager.

rlp

Hi -

822 error, we know that one well. Check to see if anyone logged into the Unity server in terminal service, CONSOLE ONLY mode. Remote desktop to the Unity server is OK as long as not in console only mode. You can check your Unity security event log to see if someone logged into the server. I've only observed this error occur when that was happening.

Ginger

I am going to have to go, but it looks like Ginger is pointing you to the cause.

If the port is locked though and to find out if it is, call it directly, if busy, reset it in CallManager/admin.

rlp

hmmmm....using the remote desktops mmc in administrative tools i logged into the server with console mode set to user mode full access...this is not the first time ive used the mmc to access the servers however, the only difference is i used console mode set to author mode

Hi -

I have not used this method with Unity. I am running Windows XP SP2. Start - Programs - Accessories - Communications - Remote Desktop Connection.

Ginger

yep i also use this method but i was searching some posts on this site and i came across a user who experienced a similar problem and this is what he said follow the link and tell me what you think...thanks so much for your help!

http://forums.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dde4143/1#selected_message

Hi -

I have also seen that link. While good practice and I also prefer to uncheck printer and disk drives so you don't get errors on the server attempting to link to devices it does not have mapped or configured, I don't see this as being the problem. When I'm logged into the Unity server, I am typically not performing SA type functions where the web page would suffice from my own PC. Therefore, I am rarely using or attempting to use the Media Master and know I cannot play wav files on the server thru my local PC speakers. From our prior experience with this console only problem, resetting the ports was uneffective. Only rebooting the server fixed the ports once we got the 822 errors. We have addressed this via policy and procedures with server admins and limited logon access to a select few users. Hope this helps.

Ginger

I have seen similar messages to this when the hard drive is full. I had an occurance in which the VMO was leaving temp files on the hard drive.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: