cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

To many path code violation on Customer Cisco Router

sukhoi33i
Level 1
Level 1

I have problem here on Customer router that shows too many path code violation about 40000 for 24 Hrs & also all error keep increase but services still up , just aroud 1 to 2 week its repeated down. When circuit down & after recycling the router or telco perform a loop, ciruit became up, telco had performed end to end loop test using telco tester for 48 hours & had found no error. What maybe the cause of the problem?

6 Replies 6

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Check this link, did you go through these diagnostics?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk628/technologies_tech_note09186a00801095a3.shtml#topic5

Jorge Rodriguez

No because i can't enter the customer router,i m telco guy, i just only got sh interface and sh controller E1 from partner, customer had also changed the whole router , connector but the problem seems keep continue..,so what most probably the problem? on the telco line or router itself?

i m afraid that telco tester can't monitor the error on service layer. then,i thought I m going to install router at my Station and provide loop from customer Office and perform ping test.This is E1 frame relay services.

I would check the configurations on the interfaces at each end, specially cablelength long/short.. line coding etc.. to be certain is not configuration discrepancies, you indicated the provider monitor the line for 48 hours, assuming the line is clean then I would look into the hardware. Are errors at bothn ends of the circuit router interfaces ?

Jorge Rodriguez

i m from provider team, myself monitored & performed the test for 48 hours. Router 7200 series at provider side show clean of error, just at customer side detected many path code violation. Interface and then whole router at customer side also have been replaced.

We are having the exact same issue. Seeing path code violation on customer router but error free on telco side. Have no clues for a while. Did you have found anything on this?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card