Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH Login problem

habeeb_talal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I configured SSH in one of cisco ASA, but i cannot login to it, i made a mistake and didn't configure telnet so i cannot access it, i configured it to authenticate with cisco ACS and i'm sure that the configration is right cuz i did it before in 2 other ASAs, so is there any solution for that.

Thanks

Talal Habeeb

4 Replies 4

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Talal,

Did you save the config after configuring the AAA. If not, then you can reload the ASA box and it will come on the default config.

If you have saved the config then you have to do a password recovery. Please follow the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa71/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1058131

HTH,Please rate if it does.

-amit singh

Talal

You describe a problem accessing with SSH and that you did not configure telnet access. Before you get into password recovery there might be a couple of options to consider:

- is it possible to access through the console? If so you might be able to correct the configuration.

- is it possible to access through a web browser? The ASDM could allow you to correct the configuration.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hello,

Thank you all, i successfully access it through console and solve this issue.

Thanks

Talal

I am glad that my suggestion was able to guide your to the solution and that you have solved your problem.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card