Views
Helpful
Replies

Site-to-Site VPN: Remote Desktop is not working through tunnel

panikos73
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have established a site to site VPN between two Cisco 2811 routers. I need to work with MS Remote Desktop with some PCs. Although I can open a Remote Desktop connection from outside the VPN (using NAT), it is impossible to do so through the VPN tunnel.

I have to mention that the PCs (as any other PC in the VPN) are reachable for file sharing and responds to pinging normally through the VPN tunnel. Only Remote Desktop seems not to work.

No ACLs are applied on VPN traffic blocking tcp port 3389 and no firewall is applied yet.

I've already tried to change MTU settings in case that the problem had to do with it but nothing happened.

Unfortunately a server error prevents me from attaching the running configurations of both routers. I have no idea what the problem is, but I'm willing to send them (via e-mail maybe) to anyone who would like to take a look at them.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On July 9 Nikolaos posted this same question on the VPN General forum where it has gotten some response. I suggest that any further discussion be consolidated in the General forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card