Views
Helpful
Replies

OSPF DATABASE

ninan1306
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Attached is the network diagram we prepared in our lab which is simulating one of our clients network setup. In the above diagram I issued default-information originate command in two routers (ROUTER-01 and SWITCH-01). I am getting one default route each in the other devices with the respective tag. But I am not able to match the route with the tag. I also tried with access-list and prefix-list, which also didn?t work. I am able to see both the default routes in the OSPF database.

Is there any way that we can match both the tags simultaneously and do the manipulation?

Thanks and Regards

Ninan Paulose. C.

3 Replies 3

royalblues
Level 10
Level 10

Are you saying that you need to filter the default route from getting installed in the OSPF database with the use of tagging ?

Narayan

we want to manipulate the routes (May be cost) in such a way that one default route is preferred over the other in one area and vice versa in the other area. And in case of failure of one route the second one should be taken.

When originating a default route with the 'default-information originate' command, you have the option to include metric information on the route.

I recommend making the most desirable route the lowest metric of the two.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cg/hirp_c/ch15/1chospf.htm#wp1001335

"Router(config-router)# default-information originate [always] [metric metric-value] [metric-type type-value] [route-map map-name]"

HTH,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card