Access VM's using IMAP

Unanswered Question
Jul 4th, 2007

Hi guys I have a Unity 421 VM system where I have configured clients to access their VM's using the Outlook client using the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_white_paper0900aecd8031c947.shtml

My clients outlook is configured for their own corporate email and I have added an IMAP inbox to connect to a Unity server that is standalone from the customers domain and sits within its own domain for voicemail.

I have installed the VMO plugin and see voicemails recorded by phone in the IMAP inbox as expected.

When I record a VM using VMO in outlook and send it, although it appears in the IMAP inbox its not being picked up by Unity as a new VM . I suspect its because it does not recognise the message class as a VM (it is as the document states an email with a wav attachement, ipm.note msg class). I would have thought that if i select to send from Outlook a VM then it should be recognised with Unity and therefore I should be able to access it with a phone. When I change the account to use the IMAP connection it then gets sent as an IPM.note.voice.unity and is recognised within the unity dial in.Is this expected behaviour?

TIA, Jeff

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Actions

This Discussion