cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does Cisco 3750-E switch work in L3/L2

habarya
Level 1
Level 1

Is it it possible to use Cisco 3750-E switch in distribution layer that has a function of OSPF(RIP) routing function and inter VLAN as routings of almost 5 vlans in the network and STP Protocol function enabled in distribution layer of the middle size network

9 Replies 9

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

Initially speaking this is OK, but can you elaborate further for your needs.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

It can be used but you need to have an IP services image to run OSPF

Narayan

So how can i order this IP services image to run RIP or OSPF routing protocol along with Vlan and STP protocals. Is it possible to order along with this switch or order separately. By the way what about the command to implement vlan and stp protocal is it changed or the same.

i have a fair that this switch are used in this layer of the network that has medium number of host in which most of the time hosts are access the local network. for further information u can see the network topology. IF this is not possible please tell me the equivalent MLS that can work in distribution layer but have an equivalent price with this cisco 3750-E switches

This should work for you.There will not be any issues in running 3750-E with this kind of setup. You have to just make sure that you have IP services image on the 3750-E's to support enhanced routing protocols.

-amit singh

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes You can run it with Enhanced image on it.

-amit singh

first Where can i got this Ip service image to use this CISCO 3750-E switch in the distribution switch. Is it free to download from any sits or it must have a special order along with the switch. Does it reduce its flexibility and performance relative with other hard ware distributions switches.

Can you post a sh version from your 3750 switch

Narayan

You must have a CCO account associated to a contract number in order to download a new image from CISCO. From the legal standpoint, you must purchase the Advanced Services image since you only bought the router with the Standard Image.

The new image adds more features to the router, it doesn't reduce it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco