cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX prefer neighbor using distance

wilson_1234_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is it possible to have a PIX configured with OSPF, prefer a neighbor router over another neighbor router by using the distance command something like:

distance <AD> <neighbor IP address> 0.0.0.0

I don't see what I am looking for in the command line.

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

I think you can put route entry for the preffered neighbour router. If you need some routing protocol for route preference you can use BGP. Following link may help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a008009487d.shtml

Thanks

s.mazumdar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

It is possible.

To Set the administrative distance for OSPF routes use the following:

Firewall(config-router)# distance ospf [intra-area d1] [inter-area d2] [external d3]

By default, all OSPF routes have an administrative distance of 110. This is consistent with Cisco routers. You can change the distance for intra-area routes (within an OSPF area) to d1. You can change the distance for inter-area routes (from one area to another) to d2. You can change the distance for external routes (from another routing protocol into the OSPF area) to d3. If you set these distances differently, the firewall can choose one type of route over another without comparing the OSPF metrics.

Thanks. Pls rate.

Thanks for the reply.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: