642-552 SND Exam

Unanswered Question
Jul 4th, 2007
User Badges:

For anyone that has done the 642-552 SND exam, what training material did you use?

A lot of the material out is rebranded 642-551. From what I can tell it seems to be a lot of securing PIX 7.0 but it's the rest I am not certain on?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
raistlin94 Mon, 07/30/2007 - 10:56
User Badges:

I just passed the 552 exam it was almost the same as the 551 exam. I used 551 material and got 987/1000.

vitancris Tue, 08/07/2007 - 20:03
User Badges:

what maetrial did you use?

especially book please let me know

thank you

hamilton-jason Wed, 08/08/2007 - 07:24
User Badges:

I'm having the hardest time finding any kind of book for the SND too; nothing on Amazon, Barnes & Noble - I even Googled it and couldn't find anything but out of date "study guides" from what looks like the shadiest of companies. Why doesn't Cisco make an exam prep book for the SND?

ccna2 Wed, 09/05/2007 - 11:20
User Badges:

Hi,

I have taken contact to Cisco Press, asking about 642-552 SND and 642-503 SNRS and good news:

Yes, we will have an SND study guide out in early October. We will have an SNRS study guide out in early November. Keep an eye on http://www.ciscopress.com/ccsp for updates.

psychopezzy Wed, 10/17/2007 - 10:57
User Badges:

I talked to Cisco Press a week ago. I was told that an E-book version will be available 10/16 at the posted link yet I still don't see it. Does anyone else have any information on how you can get the study guides for these exams? I don't understand how they put out an exam with no study material.

ccna2 Sat, 10/20/2007 - 02:07
User Badges:

I agree psychopezzy, I feel exactly the same way. How is one supposed to study for this exam? The latest information that I got from Cisco Press yesterday was that an Exam Certification Guide is planned to be published mid-2008. So the CCSP SND Quick Reference (Digital Short Cut) is it for now. It can be found on their website:

http://www.ciscopress.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=1587055031

Anyway I heard from different sources that this exam should be rather easy so I guess I will try with this Quick Reference and see where it takes me. I'm definitely not going to wait until mid-2008. If anyone has good ideas about how to study for this exam please share.

Thanks.

ldm-d-0269 Wed, 10/24/2007 - 07:02
User Badges:

I empathise. I even opened a case with cisco and recieved little help.

If its not possible to do the SND without going on a training course and ciscopress aren't going to publish until May 2008, what is the next best exam to do out of the CCSP series?

hamilton-jason Wed, 10/24/2007 - 13:29
User Badges:

Well I lucked out and was venting to one of the tier 2 support guys at work about the lack of material for the SND, and it just happened he had an 80GB archive of CBT Nuggets that included about 10 hours of video instruction for the SND. He says he collected all of it from *gasp* torrents, so you may be able to get your hands on them with some diligent searching.

I also found that if you search around through the "bootcamp" websites that offer a course for CCSP (try CED Solutions), you can also find a detailed list of the topics covered in the SND section. With that, you can get a good grasp of everything you need to know before you attempt the exam.

If none of this sounds like its worth the $125 risk to you, then I would go for the SNPA first. There's plenty of study material for it, and it's all relatively fundamental concepts if you've got any experience under your belt.

Actions

This Discussion