cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows XP WPA2 PEAP authentication prompt

JASON CHOQUETTE
Level 4
Level 4

We are using Windows XP clients with WPA2 enterprise PEAP machine and user authentication (using windows supplicant, with the PEAP patch installed). We are using ACS 4.0.1 servers for authentication in a WDS environment.

The issue is sometimes we will see the laptop request authentication to the network once the user logs in. A yellow dialog box will appear in the lower right hand corner of the screen and request they reenter the username, password and domain. It does not happen often and most of the time this happens if for some reason the WLAN goes away, like a power outage, etc. But it does drive the users crazy and they drive me crazy about it.

Has anyone experianced this issue and know of why it is doing it and how to make it go away?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

rochopra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Try checking Fast Reconnect on clients and ACS server.

Regards

Rohit

Sorry, forgot to mention Fast Reconnect is enabled on the server and client.

after prompt if users enter username and password, do they get connected properly.

~ Rohit

yes, authentication is succesful after that.

I forgot to mention that the prompt says: "Click here to select a certificate or other credentials for conection to the network (SSID)"

This may just be a normal function of the Windows XP supplicant I have just been wondering.

Thanks for the responses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card