Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCM5.0.4 - how to view dhcpd.conf

Hi,

I tried for days to find a way to check the contents of the dhcpd.conf file. ANyway, I want to be able to see the current dhcp database. Number of leased addresses, and all the other stuff.

No luck. Cisco doc is very scarce about this. Searching the web gave me nothing. Zip.

I tried to find the way through the CCM console (OS administration through SSH) but again it was futile.

Does anybody know how to do this?

3 Replies 3

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

Like Gonz suggested, to access any files other than those available via tftp service, you will have to use root username and pwd, which AFAIK only TAC can help provide access to the system. THis is too dangerous to play with for an end user if you dont know what you are doing.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

OK, but what about the guys who really know what are they doing? In my opinion, Cisco severely reduced the possibility to check the dhcp server functionality. The gui offers nothing. Just a quick comparison between standard dhcp servers (windows, linux, doesn't matter) and ccm reveals that once you have configured ccm dhcp server you can forget about it. You can't monitor its behaviour properly.

I think this is a major flaw. As an administrator, I want to be able to see and control every aspect of the system I'm in charge of.

Anyway, thanks for the answer(s)!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: