cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Aironet 1310 non-root with wireless clients

hawkeyeranch
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 1310s. One set as a root-bridge with wireless clients, another as a non-root bridge with wireless clients. The wireless side of things is working fine, but I'm having trouble when I try to connect a windows work station to the non-root bridge via ethernet. I'm getting an IP address from the router attached to the root bridge via DHCP, and I am able to connect to the configuration page of both 1310 APs, but I'm not getting any internet connectivity. Have I misunderstood what 'non-root bridge with wireless clients' means? If not, is there an obvious problem which might cause the wireless clients to work fine, but interfere with a wired client? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

It sounds like you have a gateway issue. You can obviously get to all devices on the subnet you attached to but cannot get past that one. Check your DHCP scope to make sure you have the correct default gateway assigned.

Seth Rosentha, CWNE #55

Thanks Seth,

It's good to know that this is how it is supposed to work. The thing that has me scratching my head is that the wireless clients are working fine from this bridge--it is only the client hooked up to the ethernet interface that is not getting out.

I'll take a look at the gateway settings and see what I can find. I appreciate the tip.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card