Views
Helpful
Replies

webVPN+certificate

dmitri_vilesov
Level 1
Level 1

Hallo!

I have already configured webvpn on my 3745 (using selfsigned certificate). Everything works, but i get too much security warnings - "do you trust tha site" and so on. I decided to get certificate from our companys CA. I have formed request (using SDM) on the router, sent it to CA and then CA generated certificate for my 3745. I have entered both CA and Routers certificates BASE 64 code. Everything was succefully installed. And now i see new trustpoint on the router. Then in webvpn context, i have entered this command: ssl trustpoint my_new_trustpoint instead of ssl trustpoint TP_self-signed.... And unfortunalety i realized, that with new certificate webvpn doesn;t work, i just get this message: "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" and so on. Please advise me - what i'm doing wrong? And how can i escape from those security warning messages ("There is a problem with this website's security certificate...")?

Could it be problem with certificate enrollment? or bad configuration?

P.S. i don't need SSL certificate authentication, i just want to delete all security warnings 8)

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

I think you will need to create a self signed certificate. Here are the steps you need to take to create that self signed certificate.

crypto ca trustpoint sslcert

enrollment self

subject-name CN=xxxx.yyyyy.com

fqdn neon.imation.com

crypto ca enroll sslcert

ssl trust-point sslcert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: