cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communicator

andy.butler
Level 1
Level 1

trying to install IP communicator for the first time and getting The error message 'Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency Responder'. the cluster we are registering to does not use CER but we dont want to roll this out as it will invoke a lot of support calls. is there a way at install or someway we can prevent this error from appearing?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Which IPC version are you running?

This problem occurs when you check "Emergency responder" box during initial install of CIPC. If you are not using CER, please uninstall CIPC. then install again. when you do that, make sure not to check that box.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

You seem to be hitting this bug:

CSCsh89047: VISTA: Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency Responder

Symptom:

When loading CIPC 2.1.0.89 on Vista Enterprise error occurrs: 'Unable to initialize support for Cisco Emergency Responder. Please consult your system administrator'

CIPC doesn't load - it hangs in blue screen.

Vista Enterprise is installed on Vista enabled laptop (HP Compaq nx7400, 1GB RAM, 1.83GHZ). Vista is licensed. Tested with CCM 6.0.0.9901-109 and 5.0.3.9911-68

Conditions:

n/a

Workaround:

n/a

Further Problem Description:

n/a

The status of the bug is POSTPONED which means that at the moment the developers are not working on a fix.

HI, sorry i should have said

The PC I'm using to test with is running WinXP SP2. do you think the above bug is still relevant?

Which IPC version are you running?

This problem occurs when you check "Emergency responder" box during initial install of CIPC. If you are not using CER, please uninstall CIPC. then install again. when you do that, make sure not to check that box.

thanks we'll try that.

I might be missing something here, but I don't get any Emergency Responder tick boxes to untick during the installation. I'm installing version 2.1(1).

Can you let me know where I should be getting this tick box ?

I am getting the same error, but not across the board. I only see it on a few installations, and they are all running the same version.

Thank you,

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: