cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CiscoWorks Common Services - Group Administration

jstyles
Level 1
Level 1

Can't edit Group created under group admin. Tab is grayed out & seems like I can't create groups now. Just wanted to change group name and add 1 or 2 devices. Any suggestions?

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under what application has this group been created? What do the Created By and Last Modified By fields say?

The group was created under RME,Works is reporting that the group was created by System & last modified by system (was created by me\full admin rights (although the person who installed is was not here when I arrived\ no admin account listed under users as well) thanks for any suggestions

If its ownership has reverted to System, it will be very tricky to fix this. It will involve direct database queries. You should open a TAC case to get the instructions for fixing group ownership.

thanks jc, opened tac this am as you suggested. Seems like I made thing worse tried running from cscox-dbeng9 -c 16m -n testeng rmedb -n tstedb. seems to have corrupted db for device center (no application found or devices found) Can I export from device management = device export . Thanks for any tips or suggestions

What queries did you run?

Not sure if this is considered a query= cscox-dbeng9 -c 16m -n testeng rmedb -n tstedb

Just an update I did run pdshow \ all process's are running normal \not sure what pdter or pdexec might do.

Well, this command isn't valid, but in general, dbeng9 -c 16m -n testeng rmedb -n testdb would start the database. If you ran this command, and didn't stop it, then RME will not work. If this is all you did, you didn't do anything to correct your original problem.

At this point, it would be safer to reboot the server. You should at least get RME to come back up. What is the SR number you opened?

Not sure what is a SR number

TAC service request number.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: