Views
Helpful
Replies

T1 line keeps dropping

skhirbash
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a Cisco 3640 core router at headquarters linked to 18 remote sites via point-to-point. The core router is linked to the service provider via ATM and linked to each remote site via point-to-point T1s. One of the remote sites has a Cisco 1751 and is linked to the core router via Frame Relay T1. This particular site keeps dropping the link and I am not sure how to troubleshoot this issue or where to start. The only fact I have is that this site's circuit keeps dropping! Could someone guide as what I should be looking for or what steps to take in order to troubleshoot this issue?

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is a new install or it has been working for a while ?

Have you tried contacting the service provider and open a trouble-ticket with them ?

You may want to double-check your line-code and lmi settings and make sure they match the provider's.

this is an existing site and has been working just fine for the last 3 years or so. I wanted to do an in-house troubleshooting before I opened up a trouble ticket. Should I consider replacing the T1-WIC or should I open a trouble ticket with the SP?

Thanks,

sK

You will definitely want to open a ticket with the SP. They can break into the middle of the circuit and at the very least see what side the trouble is coming from.

Open a ticket with the Service Provider before making any drastic changes in your environment. More than likely, it's their problem. Good luck.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card