cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calling Search Space Character Limitation

asayani
Level 1
Level 1

I know that there is character limitation of 512 character in a single Calling Search Space. Is there a plan to increase that number or is there a engineering special that I need to implement on CCM 4.2.3 that would increase that limit

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The limit actually has been 1024 for a while now (at least CM 3.3)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008070e480.html

Your only option is to limit the parition name lenght, also think about implementing Device/Line Dial Plan approach as that may potentially decrese the number of necessary PTs listed in a CSS (depending on what is it that you are doing).

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

I have seen that documentation, but for testing only when I add partitions for CSS exceeding 512 characters, I get a pop up saying to remove some partitions and make sure that character are 512.

Exact Message:

Calling Search Space CSS character limit has been exceeded. The list of selected partition names has 933 characters.

The total number of characters for the list of partiton names in a CSS, separated by colon (for example, partition 1:partition 2:partition 3), may not exceed 512 characters. Remove some partitions or shorten the names of the partitions you want to include in this Calling Search Space.

Please advise,

Aamir

any update on this

With this limit how does one handle about 400 sites each with 5 Partitions. The current partition info for 4.1.3 state "2 characters = 170 Partitions"

We have over 400 but less then 500 site that we are planning to roll out with site 2 site toll by pass in one cluster. I am not sure how we can do this with this limitation and there is no plans or option to deploy multi cluster in the US region for us.

Typically it should not matter if you have 2 or 500 locations as it relates to number of partitions in a Calling Search Space. With the Device/Line approach you create 3 global blocking PTs and CSS and one open CSS at each location. You use the same PT for all DNs so each CSS has access to the same DN PT plus unrestricted route partitions specific to that sites.

By Toll-Bypass do you mean tail End Hoff OF where you'll be seding calls out of remote GWs to paritcular Area Codes?

If so you dont need any special Paritions for those only seperate Route Patterns/Lists, unless you only want to give this to certain phones then one additinal Parition per site should be sufficient.

Chris

I see the flat PT for DN's being a huge mess when you use the same numbers for Paging and Call park.

As for the Toll by Pass we are only calling VOIP sites in company and not doing remote GW to a patitcular Area Code as that would cost more then our Long distance rate when you factor in having to install all of the extra line capacity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: