Views
Helpful
Replies

VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

p.holley
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am setting up CME with VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE. if I have 2 VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE cards for a total of four voice ports. Does that mean I can only accept 4 simultaneous calls? Say I have 4 active incoming calls, does that mean I cannot make any outbound or receive inbound calls?

What would be the recommended configuration for four voice ports in regards to what ports i use to dial out and which ones i use to receive calls?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, that's correct. With 4 ports, you can have 4 simultaneous calls. If you have 4 active incoming calls, you could not make or receive any other calls. The recommended configuration would be highly dependent on your business. If for example, you always want at least 1 outgoing line available, then you could leave the last port out of the rollover configuration with the telco. Or if you always want 2 incoming lines available, only configure dial peers to point to 2 of the ports.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Yes, BRI supports DID. Regarding CUE, it would be much easier to setup the system with the proper language in the beginning, bug changing the language while keeping the configuration can be done. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#qa1

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes, that's correct. With 4 ports, you can have 4 simultaneous calls. If you have 4 active incoming calls, you could not make or receive any other calls. The recommended configuration would be highly dependent on your business. If for example, you always want at least 1 outgoing line available, then you could leave the last port out of the rollover configuration with the telco. Or if you always want 2 incoming lines available, only configure dial peers to point to 2 of the ports.

Hope this helps. If so, please rate the post.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon, this give me a better idea of how to plan. Will the BRI support incoming DID calls? I will just throw in an additional question. If the CUE-LANG requirement is one other than english for the customer. Can I order the CUE-ENG, set it up and then change to the language of choice for the customer without loosing any previous configurations? Or do i just get a translator :-)

Yes, BRI supports DID. Regarding CUE, it would be much easier to setup the system with the proper language in the beginning, bug changing the language while keeping the configuration can be done. Take a look at the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a008064172a.shtml#qa1

Hope this helps.

Brandon