cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

srst to be used in local where CCM is

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

I know srst is used for remote site when lost wan or ccm. Could we use it for local where ccm is? My customer has only 1 site with 1 CCM. I am thinking to use the local gw as SRST router in the case CCM fails. Technically this should work as long as I setup the ccm to use this router as srst router. but is this supported by Cisco?

5 Replies 5

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes that is definitely possible. I have done several installs like that. But remember if you have a lot of phones in your main site and your router is not big enough to handle that many phones, then some phones may be out of service. THis is definitely supported.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

No problems with this configuration; however, to take this a step further, when in SRST mode if your router is not big enough, ALL phones will be out of service, not just the extra. You will have to configure Device Pools to specify which phones will have SRST and which will not.

Why do you say that? I was under the impression SRST registration is first come first served?

Obviously, it's better to plan the device pools accordingly, so that you don't pass the max config, but if there is just one over the limit (either config or hard) I just think it doesn't get registered.

Lelio is right. SRST Is first come first served basis. So if the max limit is reached, remaining phones just wont register. Thats all.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Fair enough, I won't refute it, I remember otherwise and cannot find any documentation to back my claim.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: