Xfer to CVP Campaign. In 3.1= trans rt. type 2. In 4.0= send to VRU type 10

Unanswered Question
Jul 5th, 2007

Hi,

I have a working system using UCCE 7.1 and CVP 3.1 that I'm "copying" to another system using CVP 4.0(2) with H.323.

To make this work, an Outbound IVR-based campaign is configured in the "Skill Group" tab with a CallManager route point and a number of "IVR ports". The route point is associated with the ICM JTAPI user and triggers a route request. There is a call type associated with that dialed number and it runs a script.

In CVP 3.1, the script first does a translation route to a type 2 CVP (actually this is the warm transfer CVP) and an associated queue to skill group (the one configured in the campaign) and then a send to VRU node. Now a CVP VXML application can execute in the normal way. There is an additional label on the type 7 NVRU for the warm transfer CVP PG routing client. I have the mandatory admin scripts and this works fine.

Now according to the CVP 4.0 documentation, I don't need to set up a trans route if I use a type 10 network VRU. The type 10 replaces the type 5 and type 7 used in CVP 3.1.

So I have an inbound CVP system with just the type 10, and all VRU scripts are associated with the type 10. My inbound CVP is working correctly.

For the outbound CVP campaign, I should just need a "send to VRU" node as it will do the trans route from the CallManager routing client to the CVP routing client using the correlation ID method.

I can't seem to make this work.

My normal label for CVP is 11 digits (8 followed by ten '1's). I have added the label 81111111111 on the CM PG to the type 10 network VRU. I can see this coming through the router as the label, and I don't quite know what's next. I know I want to somehow get the number + correlation ID sent back to ICM in a "resume" message to make the router resume the paused script.

Should there be a route pattern in CallManager (81111111111!) to send this to the CVP Voice Browser (registered as a gateway) or to the actual 2811 voice gateway.

I tried both methods and could not make it work. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be grateful.

Regards,

Geoff

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
geoff@hp.com Thu, 07/05/2007 - 21:24

I see. The route pattern does have to send the call to the CVP Voice Browser. I was using setTransferLabel and had to remove that - I think with setTransferLabel it was sending the call back to the CallManager instead of to the voice gateway.

I do have another problem now. And that is that DTMF entry is not working in this VXML application. I have dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric on all the dial peers, but something is wrong. I'll have to look into that tomorrow.

Regards,

Geoff

shyam_koneru Fri, 07/06/2007 - 18:43

Geoff,

Just suggestions, instead of not having to use the settransferlabel, use a setexcludeip of the CCM. This command will ignore the settransferlabel mechanism for the IPadresses specified. Regarding the media input, is it an ASR/TTS application?

Regards

Shyam

geoff@hp.com Sat, 07/07/2007 - 08:27

Shyam,

Regarding "SetExcludeIP" in VBAdmin - thanks for pointing that one out. I was not aware of that command and a quick read of the manual shows that it's exactly what you say. Very good, and thanks. I do have it working correctly as the gatekeeper resolves "8111*" back to the incoming gateway, but I'll definitely try your tip.

This is purely a DTMF situation on an FXS port with an analogue phone. I debugged this yesterday looking at the "debug voice application vxml all" trace and the "debug voip ccapi inout", comparing traces for inbound calls to a VXML application and the outbound call from the Dialer.

I can see that the digit entry just times out (5 secs set in the CVP VXML script) and does not gather the digits required to return to the VXML server.

I have this working on another gateway over a T1 connection to the PSTN, so it could be something to do with the FXS port.

I think I need to set some very low level debug between the voice port, the DSP and the IOS Voice Browser.

Thanks for your post.

Regards,

Geoff

janbyron Sat, 07/07/2007 - 15:15

Geoff,

When using an FXS port, you need the default session configured in order to collect digits. Did you include that? See below.

-janet

dial-peer voice 1000 pots

description session service allows FXS phone to provide dial tone and collect digits, must indicate the port.

service session

port 1/0/0

forward-digits all

geoff@hp.com Tue, 07/10/2007 - 07:31

My mistake was not including a dial peer that would catch the call from the dialer port to the number configured on the analog phone. So the dial peer matching fell through to the default dial peer, which you can't add dtmf relay to. I added a dial peer like this:

dial-peer voice 500 voip

description Outbound voip for DTMF dialer with CVP

translation-profile incoming BLOCK

incoming called-number 1T

dtmf-relay rtp-nte h245-signal h245-alphanumeric

codec g711ulaw

fax protocol t38 ls-redundancy 0 hs-redundancy 0 fallback none

no vad

Regards,

Geoff

texasjet79 Thu, 09/04/2008 - 18:05

I was looking through the NetPro for stuff about the CVP Type 10 and Outbound. Were you able to get this working? Any particular issues with the type 10 configuration other than the setexcludeip?

All the documents explain fully for all other types of cvp setups so just curious if you got this working?

Thanks

texasjet79 Thu, 09/04/2008 - 18:15

I was looking through the NetPro for stuff about the CVP Type 10 and Outbound. Were you able to get this working? Any particular issues with the type 10 configuration other than the setexcludeip?

All the documents explain fully for all other types of cvp setups so just curious if you got this working?

Thanks

Actions

This Discussion