Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Ip output on 3750 stack

chriswill
Level 1
Level 1

Here's my problem.

At present I have a 3750 stack running with several vlans configured.I get a cdp error stating I have a duplicate ip address which conflicts with my default gateway address. If I remove the vlan int address the cdp output changes to another

Vlan address. Is this a known problem with a 3750 ? Under the vlan interface I just have the ip address configured.

Any help would be appreciated

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You mentioned you were getting CDP errors. The switches won't see each other via CDP while connected via the stack cable.

Let's see the output from typing

show cdp ne de

and

show mac-address-table | i 001b.5313.f5c6

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How you connected the switches ? With the stackable cable in the back or with copper/fiber connection in the front ?

If you go with the stackable cable in the back, you will only have a single management interface from all switches in the stack.

If you go with the copper/fiber connection in the front, you need to treat each switch independently.

They are connected as a stack with the stack cables. I gave each vlan an ip of .1 from that subnet. This is the address that is getting the duplicate meesage generated as below

Jul 6 03:23:42: %IP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 10.62.164.1 on Vlan164, source

d by 001b.5313.f5c6

Chris

You mentioned you were getting CDP errors. The switches won't see each other via CDP while connected via the stack cable.

Let's see the output from typing

show cdp ne de

and

show mac-address-table | i 001b.5313.f5c6

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card