cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meeting place Express Out Dialing-Not detecting DTMF

manoj.varghese
Level 1
Level 1

I have cisco meeting place express. The problem is when the user makes out dialing from meeting place express, calls are going through. But meeting place express is not detecting DTMF keys. I have seen a docuemnt which mention this problem as follows:

If you want to use the Cisco MeetingPlace Express to navigate through Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems on outgoing calls through a gateway, the gateway should be configured to convert

outgoing RFC2833 digits into real DTMF tones. Cisco MeetingPlace Express will

not generate H.245 signals for this purpose.

Could someone tell me how to configure this please.

5 Replies 5

smalkeric
Level 6
Level 6

Please check whether you have configured " incoming called number"in the dial peer.

Also try the following commands,

dtmf-relay cisco-rtp

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

dtmf-relay h245-signal

no dtmf-relay

stefan.joerg
Level 1
Level 1

Is there an answer to the dtmf problem? We have the same problems.

Me too, was there a solution?

I did find out something. The CUCM is passing the MPE Outgoing calls to my PSTN H323 Gateway as attempted Video Calls. That is why they are Unrestricted Digital. If I set the Bear cap on the voice port to Speech then all is ok (but I can not leave it like that.) If I cut off the bandwidth for video calls in the region then it is ok, but we can't have that.

On the Gateway I set up an "Incoming" Dial Peer which should have done the dtmf relay before passing it on to the "outgoing dial-peer, but it has done nothing.

I can see in the debug that it is matching, and then passing it to the PSTN Dial-Peer, but it is still trying Digital Unrestricted. Any ideas out there?

dial-peer voice 250 voip

description MPE Outgoing because of dtmf

answer-address 250

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

codec g711alaw

no vad

Add this to the dial-peer

"incoming called-number .T"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: