Views
Helpful
Replies

7936 Conference Phone / Language

dknechtenhofer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

how can I load another language for this phone type ? I have just the default "english".

By other phone type (7970) I have other locales and for example german works fine.

3 Replies 3

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

No, you can only have English language on the 7936. The user guide for that phone says that the 7936 supports English, French and German but it is incorrect and we filled a bug against it.

CSCsc29437: 7936 does not support French, Spanish, or German language

Symptom:

Users trying to change the language of the 7936 will not be able to.

Conditions:

The phone's user guide contains instructions for how to change the phone's language. It says that it can be changed to English, Spanish, French, or German. This is not true, the phone currently supports the English language only.

Workaround:

Only use English language.

So in other words you can only use English.

HTH

//Jorge

eug-c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't seem to find any information on what versions have what languages. I can only find docs that say that English is the only current language.

Maybe you can do the following to verify:

Step 1 Press the Menu button.

Step 2 Press the Up or Down scroll button to select the Admin Setup menu.

Step 3 Press the Select button.

Step 4 Enter the administrator password. (The default administrator password is **#.)

Step 5 Press the Enter softkey.

Step 6 Press the Up or Down scroll button to select System Info and then press the Select button.

Step 7 Press the Up or Down scroll button to scroll through the system information and look for language.

Step 8 Is there any other languages other than English?

If yes, looks like it is the only language.

HTH,

:)

Hello,

that is interest thing.

Thanks for the information

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: