cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook Dialer - *****STICKY*****

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

I know a lot of people would love to have this feature and Cisco's TSP driver works only with 3.x versions of Callmanager. I am not promoting this product that I am going to talk about today, but I found it to work flawlessly (except a few crashes that i got initially). The Outlook Dialer is from Netelligent.

(http://www.netelligent.com/products/dialer/default.aspx)

The executable is free for download and you can also register for a free license. The product is free for use if you can live with the popups about Netelligent products once in a while, or when you start up Outlook.

A readme doc with installation instructions is provided with the download. It explains with screenshots, step by step instructions on setting up Outlook.

Once the installation is complete, you have to go to Tools->Options->Unified IP Outlook Dialer tab and configure the following,

a. Callmanager IP address

b. Callmanager userid (end user)

c. Callmanager userpwd (end user pwd)

You will able to use the Lookup button to find all devices that are associated to you and also select the line using which you want to place calls.

Once these settings are configured, you may need to restart Outlook to prevent some of the crashes that i got and Outlook was not responding very much after that.

After the restart, You can dial from Contact books directly. Works great.

Hope this helps.

Sankar.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

For CME and Outlook, there is a configuration guide at:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_example09186a008087407f.shtml

And the driver (Telephony Service Provider) can be downloaded at:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/ip-iostsp

t.hartley
Level 1
Level 1

This product looked really good, but it doesn't work for me with Outlook 07 and CCM 5.1

Installs OK, gives a few errors while configuring and when I try to use the lookup button it tells me that I have no network connectivity (which is not the case)

It eventually crashes and disappears from Outlook until I restart the app. Then it's the same thing all over again.

Anyone have it working with Outlook 07 ?

Paolo,

That may work very well with CME, but the TSP drivers doesnt work very well with Callmanager. It used to work good with 3.x systems but not sure what Cisco did to TSP, it doesnt work with CM 4.x and CM 5.x.

Thomas,

I would say get in touch with their tech support to see if they plan to support 2007 MS Outlook. Cant complain much when the product is free.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

I agree. Wasn't complaining, just wondering if it was something I was doing wrong.

Just means I won't be showing the boss a cool new toy that he might've liked.

troutslayer1971
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info. The dialer is a little buggy, but for the most part works good......

I posted an email to them asking about Outlook 07. Lets see if i get any response.

Thanks.

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: