cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCS time settings not correct

trota1967
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue with the time setting in the GUI of the WCS. The box is set with the right time but in the web interface, the time is set 4h in advance.

The controller is also a the right time.

4 Replies 4

pmccubbin
Level 5
Level 5

I'm having the same issue. The time on the box which the WCS is running has the correct time but my WCS software is off by 4 hours.

I don't see any way to configure via the GUI.

Is this a bug?

Thanks in advance.

All responses will be rated.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure if this is the exact issue you are seeing, but I remembered reading this Great answer from Dan Campbell regarding WCS Time;

Make sure in your /etc/sysconfig/clock file the first line looks like:

#ZONE=UTC

Without the # sign in front of this line the server will UTC regardless of how you configured the timezone.

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the reply. I should have mentioned that I am using a Win2003 box to run the WCS software.

I believe Dan Campbell's answer applies to a Linux or Unix box as I couldn't find the directory he mentioned in Win2003.

Paul

We fixed the issue by setting the time via the CLI on each controller.

We had been seeing an incorrect time on the Controllers when we were monitoring them through the WCS.

It appears you cannot set the timezone when you create a NTP template on the WCS. If I am mistaken someone please correct me.

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card