Cross connected calls over MPLS WAN

Unanswered Question

I have an issue with one of my offices that has me extremely puzzled.

When users call users in other offices, sometimes the calls get cross-connected, where they are suddenly talking to another caller.

Our telephony provider is insisting it is my network, but I have this office router and switches configured the same as our other 5 offices that don't have this issue.

They are now trying to say it is an MPLS issue from our Telco, but I figure I would be seeing issues with data going over that link as well.

Has anyone ever experience this "crosstalk" before?

The routers at the offices are 2811/2851, with 10meg MPLS WAN between, and 3560/3750 PoE switches for the phones.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 07/06/2007 - 08:38

Unlikely is the transport. What IOS on the router,m which protocol are to CCM, and which version is it ?

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 07/06/2007 - 11:50

And what you are using for phones ?

Because, if there is no cisco voice devices involved, I'm afraid you have to seek support from Mitel.

Paolo Bevilacqua Fri, 07/06/2007 - 13:41

No, do not worry. I think your cisco routers and switches are behaving well as they do most of the time.

rgoodwin7399 Mon, 03/17/2008 - 08:52

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I have a similar issue at two branches that are using CCM. I think it is a router ios issue and was wondering if you ever got anywhere with it.

russell.turner Sun, 06/22/2008 - 10:49

I curious if you found a solution to this issue. I have Mitel voip network but I have not encountered this.

This Discussion