Views
Helpful
Replies

Cross connected calls over MPLS WAN

psmith
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have an issue with one of my offices that has me extremely puzzled.

When users call users in other offices, sometimes the calls get cross-connected, where they are suddenly talking to another caller.

Our telephony provider is insisting it is my network, but I have this office router and switches configured the same as our other 5 offices that don't have this issue.

They are now trying to say it is an MPLS issue from our Telco, but I figure I would be seeing issues with data going over that link as well.

Has anyone ever experience this "crosstalk" before?

The routers at the offices are 2811/2851, with 10meg MPLS WAN between, and 3560/3750 PoE switches for the phones.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

7 Replies 7

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unlikely is the transport. What IOS on the router,m which protocol are to CCM, and which version is it ?

The 2851 at our head office is running 12.3(8)T8.

The 2821 at the remote office is running 12.3(8)T8 as well.

We are not using CCM, we are using a Mitel VoIP solution (which I hate and wanted to go with Cisco instead!), which is using Minet (shows as RTP traffic).

And what you are using for phones ?

Because, if there is no cisco voice devices involved, I'm afraid you have to seek support from Mitel.

I already know it has to be a Mitel problem. But since the network is my responsibility (not voice), I wanted to try to rule out that it couldn't be my 'fault' it is happening.

No, do not worry. I think your cisco routers and switches are behaving well as they do most of the time.

rgoodwin7399
Level 1
Level 1

Were you ever able to get this resolved? I have a similar issue at two branches that are using CCM. I think it is a router ios issue and was wondering if you ever got anywhere with it.

russell.turner
Level 1
Level 1

I curious if you found a solution to this issue. I have Mitel voip network but I have not encountered this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: