cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cant add multilink-group command to serial interface

jerry.mcrae
Level 1
Level 1

im running IOS 3745-ipvoice-mz.124-3f.bin. I was able to add a multilink interface to the router but couldnt add the "multilink-group" command to the serial interface. i have configured multilink a few times before with no problems - on other routers.

heres the output below.

EWT_NOC(config)#int ser0/0

EWT_NOC(config-if)#multilink

EWT_NOC(config-if)#multilink-group100

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

EWT_NOC(config-if)#

any ideas?

thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

i think u need to use ppp multilink command and there needs to be a space in the command u have written.

Thanks

Mahmood

you are correct about the space on the group command and i did try that. I also had the encap ppp and ppp mutlilink configured on the interface. i saved the output from last night.

EWT_NOC(config-if)#encapsulation ppp

EWT_NOC(config-if)# ppp multilink

EWT_NOC(config-if)# multilink-group 100

^

% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

EWT_NOC(config-if)#mu

thanks.

Jerry

you need to use the following command

ppp multilink group 100

The multilink group command was changed to PPP multilink group command from 12.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_command_reference_chapter09186a00800a182f.html#wp1055464

THis may be shown as multilink-group 100 in the running configurations in some IOS versions

HTH, rate if it does

Narayan

good call - i'll try tonight and post the results.

thanks!

vinay_verma80
Level 1
Level 1

1.what is the encapsultaion in serail interface it should be ppp (ie is the most common mistake people do) before adding any of the ppp multilink command

2. sh down all the serial interface and multilink interface before adding these commands

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: