Wireless Bridge between 2 building

Answered Question

Hi !

I need a wireless bridge between a second building (across the street, about 100' direct) to our main building and a switch.

Can anyone recommend me a good products/solutions.

The purpose of this bridge is to connect the remote office via a small Cisco Switch with 6 computers, and 6 IP Phones w/video.

Thanks !

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by srosenthal about 9 years 4 months ago

The 1300 comes in two flavors, one with internal antenna and the other with external antenna connectors. For the distance you indicated I would use the internal antenna model, it is rated for up to 1.25 miles and requires less accuracy in alignment than the YAGI antenna. I believe the spread of the signal is 15 degrees on the built in antenna.

The YAGI could be used with the external antenna model but will limit your exterior coverage for users other than the remote bridge.

Seth

Overall Rating: 4.5 (2 ratings)
srosenthal Fri, 07/06/2007 - 10:34

I would recommend the 1300 bridge. If they are 100' away and you have a clear line of site, you could just keep them inside and shoot thru a window. This is as long as the windows do not have a metal coating on them.

Seth

Correct Answer
srosenthal Tue, 07/10/2007 - 11:36

The 1300 comes in two flavors, one with internal antenna and the other with external antenna connectors. For the distance you indicated I would use the internal antenna model, it is rated for up to 1.25 miles and requires less accuracy in alignment than the YAGI antenna. I believe the spread of the signal is 15 degrees on the built in antenna.

The YAGI could be used with the external antenna model but will limit your exterior coverage for users other than the remote bridge.

Seth

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode