Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless Bridge between 2 building

nrnick
Level 1
Level 1

Hi !

I need a wireless bridge between a second building (across the street, about 100' direct) to our main building and a switch.

Can anyone recommend me a good products/solutions.

The purpose of this bridge is to connect the remote office via a small Cisco Switch with 6 computers, and 6 IP Phones w/video.

Thanks !

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 1300 comes in two flavors, one with internal antenna and the other with external antenna connectors. For the distance you indicated I would use the internal antenna model, it is rated for up to 1.25 miles and requires less accuracy in alignment than the YAGI antenna. I believe the spread of the signal is 15 degrees on the built in antenna.

The YAGI could be used with the external antenna model but will limit your exterior coverage for users other than the remote bridge.

Seth

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

srosenthal
Level 4
Level 4

I would recommend the 1300 bridge. If they are 100' away and you have a clear line of site, you could just keep them inside and shoot thru a window. This is as long as the windows do not have a metal coating on them.

Seth

I already have Hi-Gain external YAGI antenna install (2.4GHz)

Should i install an additional Access Point for exterior coverage ? meaning that my bridge should be point-to-point only ?

Thanks !

The 1300 comes in two flavors, one with internal antenna and the other with external antenna connectors. For the distance you indicated I would use the internal antenna model, it is rated for up to 1.25 miles and requires less accuracy in alignment than the YAGI antenna. I believe the spread of the signal is 15 degrees on the built in antenna.

The YAGI could be used with the external antenna model but will limit your exterior coverage for users other than the remote bridge.

Seth

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card