cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem with PPPoE configuration

basia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I have a configuration problem. When I want to create PPPoE interfaces based on virtual-template on which "service-policy input" is configured, there is a problem. in "show policy-map session" is no information and when debuging "SSS Manager" there is an erroro: %SW_MGR-3-CM_ERROR_FEATURE_CLASS: Connection Manager Feature Error: Class SSS: (

QoS) - install error, ignore.

-Traceback= 722F54 EC2F2C ED450C 2489854 2489904 ED47D8 ED49C4 ED4E4C EC1834 EC1

BA4 EC1C98 EBD430 EBD7F0

But "service-policy output" works fine.

What is wrong?

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi,

What are you trying to configure using the service-policy input, what is included in this policy-map ?

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

policy-map Flat128

class class-default

shape average 128000

fair-queue

interface Virtual-Template1

ip unnumbered Loopback0

ip mtu 1400

peer default ip address pool PPPoE-Soho1

ppp authentication pap pppoe-rds

ppp authorization pppoe-rds

ppp accounting pppoe-rds

service-policy input Flat128

When new PPPoE session is created based on the virtual template, the error occures. If there is the same service-policy but "output", everything is OK.

Hi,

Ok, the problem is that shaping can't be applied in the input direction (there is even no mean to configure shaping in the input direction), shaping can only be applied in the output direction.

To elaborate more, Traffic shaping reduces outbound traffic flow to avoid congestion, traffic shaping allows you to control the traffic going out an interface in order to match its transmission to the speed of the remote, target interface and to ensure that the traffic conforms to policies contracted for it. Traffic adhering to a particular profile can be shaped to meet downstream requirements, thereby eliminating bottlenecks in topologies with data-rate mismatches and accordingly there is no mean to have inbound traffic shaping.

I hope that i've been informative.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Thanks, and would you suggest me how to configure download and upload speed for each pppoe session on router acting as PPPoE server?

Hi,

I guess that you can go for policing in this case, as policing can be applied inbound and outbound.

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: