cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UC500 Max e-phones

mcherry
Level 1
Level 1

I understand the UC500 comes with feature licenses (CME-probably 24 e-phones, and CUE-probably 25 mailboxes?). Also user licenses for 16 wired IP phones and 2 VPN'd IP phones? Question: can I attach 10 wired IP phones, and support 12 more VPN'd in (3 each at four remote sites) for a total of 22 IP phones - if I purchase the additional 4 IP phone licenses?

2 Replies 2

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

beside the license issue, you have to verify what is the actual maximum supported by issuing "max-ephone ?". for example the 2801 has a declare a maximum of 24 but will accept up to 30. Also right now, if the licensing is like CCME, the license have to be bought with the phones, there are no extension for what the CCME supports on the router.

In any case there is no expected delivery of UC500 in Europe before October, so you may want to check with your reseller is the situation in your location is any different.

The number of ephone-dns that you configure for the autoassign feature determines how many phones you can plug in at one time and get an automatically assigned extension. Does anyone know how many dns are specified in the 'auto assign' statement in the 16 user configuration, and how many max-dns are configured? I don't have the equipment on hand and can't do any displays.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: