Views
Helpful
Replies

srst and outside calls?

user-cisco
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i configured srst on a 2811 gateway with COR, ip phones fallback to srst correctly but when trying to make outside call to pstn it gives a busy tone immediately after finishing dialing the number, noting that the gateway works properly when ip phones are registred to CCM

can any one guide me please what is the cause of this problem (giving busy tone when calling outside under srst)?

and how to solve it?

thanks

1 Reply 1

lfulgenzi
Level 7
Level 7

I just went through an SRST config and found it difficult to try and troubleshoot my dial-peers while CoRs were applied. The best thing to do is configure your dial-peers first, make sure they are working like you want, then apply the CoRs.

The important thing to remember is that the outgoing CoR (applied to the outbound dial-peer) has to be a subset (or equal? I can't remember now) of the incoming CoR (applied to the e-phones through call-manager-fallback config section).

The easiest way to do this is to make the CoR of the outbound dial peer only have one member and then add that member to CoR of the ephone.

You'll also find blocking numbers a bit of a challenge, but I used translation profiles on the dial-peers to take care of that. You are limited to 15 rules, but that should suffice. Alternatively you can create more specific dial-peers and forward-digits 0 or prefix with something like "BAD" (legal characters).