Inexperienced user, 877W setup

Unanswered Question
Jul 7th, 2007
User Badges:

I have been trying to get this router setup properly for a few days now, and realised that not knowing IOS is a big disadvantage as SDM is perhaps "flaky".

So far I have managed to get ADSL over POTS by sending over "ppp pap sent-username [email protected] password xxxxxxx"

But the connection was unstable, being able to load a few sites at first and then loading none (DNS cache?).

My question is, what additional commands would I need to send over, and one for WLAN activation with a WPA-PSK key would be appreciated as well.

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
b.hsu Mon, 07/16/2007 - 05:28
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Cisco 877W Integrated Services Router is a wireless ADSL fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices.

For more information on Cisco 870 series please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

I'm going to take a stab at your connection problem. Have you configured mtu sizes? When utilizing PPPoE, the header size grows, and when the payload of a packet is large enough, the full size of the packet is larger than what can be transmitted.

To adjust this, set the following:

dialer interface - ip mtu 1492

LAN interface - ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

(the LAN interface could be bvi1, vlan1)

Good luck.

-Jeff

slayerhawk Fri, 03/14/2008 - 13:13
User Badges:

I have the following config.

My users are behind a Catalyst 1900.

They cannot connect to 12 websites.

I tried using the ip tcp adjust-mss command on the FA0 interface, but it would not take the command.

Any suggestions?

Actions

This Discussion