cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inexperienced user, 877W setup

damianmoran
Level 1
Level 1

I have been trying to get this router setup properly for a few days now, and realised that not knowing IOS is a big disadvantage as SDM is perhaps "flaky".

So far I have managed to get ADSL over POTS by sending over "ppp pap sent-username user@domain password xxxxxxx"

But the connection was unstable, being able to load a few sites at first and then loading none (DNS cache?).

My question is, what additional commands would I need to send over, and one for WLAN activation with a WPA-PSK key would be appreciated as well.

4 Replies 4

b.hsu
Level 5
Level 5

Cisco 877W Integrated Services Router is a wireless ADSL fixed-configuration routers that support multiple types of DSL technologies, broadband cable, and Metro Ethernet connections in small offices.

For more information on Cisco 870 series please click following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_data_sheet0900aecd8028a976.html

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

I'm going to take a stab at your connection problem. Have you configured mtu sizes? When utilizing PPPoE, the header size grows, and when the payload of a packet is large enough, the full size of the packet is larger than what can be transmitted.

To adjust this, set the following:

dialer interface - ip mtu 1492

LAN interface - ip tcp adjust-mss 1452

(the LAN interface could be bvi1, vlan1)

Good luck.

-Jeff

I have the following config.

My users are behind a Catalyst 1900.

They cannot connect to 12 websites.

I tried using the ip tcp adjust-mss command on the FA0 interface, but it would not take the command.

Any suggestions?

The ip tcp adjust-mss command is not supported in version 12.1 IOS. I would suggest upgrading to 12.2(8)T or higher.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t4/feature/guide/ft_admss.html#wp1062711

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card