Views
Helpful
Replies

7600 problem

cristiangal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a 7600, sup720-3B, 24SFP blade, 4 10G ports blade, running 12.2SXF7 and I have the following problem with this machine: one of the vlan interfaces is passing arround 4.5Gbps of traffic. Whenever the traffic jumps over 3-3.2Gbps all the snmp couunters for that interfaces is incorrect, both cacti and sh int vlan | in rate have the same output. The physical interface (10G port) shows the correct values for the counters(both cacti and sh int) so cacti is not the problem. Any idee what can cause this behavior and how can I solve it ? This is the only 7600 with more than 3Gbps trough it so I cannot check on other routers if I can get the same behavior.

Regards,

Cristian

1 Reply 1

carenas123
Level 5
Level 5

The IF-MIB counters are defined with respect to lower and upper layers:

ifInDiscards?The number of inbound packets which were discarded, even though no errors were detected to prevent their being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol. One reason for discarding such a packet could be to free up buffer space.

IfInErrors?The number of inbound packets that contained errors preventing them from being deliverable to a higher-layer protocol for packet-oriented interfaces.

ifInUnknownProtos?The number of packets received through the interface which were discarded because of an unknown or unsupported protocol for packet-oriented interfaces.

ifOutDiscards The number of outbound packets which were discarded even though no errors were detected to prevent their being transmitted. One reason for discarding such a packet is to free up buffer space.

ififOutErrors?The number of outbound packets that could not be transmitted because of errors for packet-oriented interfaces

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card