Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone 7971

amarmn1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hiii Expert,,,

Please I want some body to help me in this case,, My end users want a service that can lock there keypad with password ,, cause ther line have access to call national an international calls,, I tried Extention mobility but this serveice will not be useful when they logout, couse ther phones will be out of service and nobody call call them in the logout mode..

Is there is any method to solve this issue.. I hve CCM 4.2

Yours Ammar.

2 Replies 2

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

Hello Ammar,

I think the easiest way to solve this problem is by using Forced Authorization Codes. If you implement these then any time someone dials long distance or international calls they have to enter a code to complete the call or it does not go through. Every user can have their own code. You can also run reports to see who has been dialing long distance and international calls. This also leaves the phone usable for local and internal calls

Here is a link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a00802deac6.html

Hope this helps.

Please remember to rate all replies

Hiii Travis-Dennis,,,,,

Thanks alot for your assistance, actually you point will be nice, but my vip client will not accept this, cause they used to use a security code once in the bpx phones, so please if there is any service to lock the key pad with password it will be great vectory to our IT teame.

Witing for your nice recommendations.

Yours ...

Ammar