Helpful
Replies

multiple primary scope CNR 6.2.3.1

handoko.wiyanto
Level 1
Level 1

dear all,

i've just installing CNR 6.2.3.1

previously i was using CNR 5.5.9 and ubr7246. each ubr is handled by one CNR, and in ubr7246 there was only one management interface, so i can easily map client default to management scope.

now there are more than one uBR that my new CNR should handle. is it true that my workaraund is to configuring multiple primary scope in my new CNR? or maybe there are better solutions.

thanks,

handoko

2 Replies 2

drolemc
Level 6
Level 6

The CNR LEG module requires the use of option 82 sub-option 2 (Relay-Agent-Information Option with the Remote-Id sub-option), which contains the CM-MAC, in all DHCP requests. If option 82 does not exist in a renewal transaction, an attempt to extend the lease based solely on the IP address is performed. This will succeed only if the IP address was previously logged in to the Subscriber Manager (SM) by the LEG, in the event of a full DHCP transaction, or via other interfaces to the SM.

The CNR LEG protects the SM and the connection to the SM from any DHCP Denial of Service (DoS) attacks, which are performed on the CNR. To reduce the login rate to the SM, the LEG ignores identical DHCP requests that are approved by the CNR. The requests are sent to the CNR in short time intervals.

hi there,

is CNR LEG has something to do with multiple primary scope in CNS Network Registrar?

thanks,

handoko

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: